Tuesday 23 April 2013

My Sponsored Child's Father Passed Away

I was excited to received a packet from a new correspondent in the Dominican Republic.  This is Abraham


But was saddened to see a paper insert in my package - More information about your sponsored child.  It told me that my sponsored child's father had recently passed away.  I called Compassion and they were able to tell me that it was noted on his file in January 2013 that his father had died of natural causes.  I do not have any more information other than that.

I am praying earnestly for Abraham, his mother and his two siblings.  I am collecting verses of comfort to send in a card for his family. 

A friend on OC (www.ourcompassion.org) recommended this excellent resource of verses:


scripture verses which offer comfort & hope during times of grief



from Justin Agoglia