Friday 22 March 2013

14 year old Sayouba in Burkina Faso

Compassion has a campaign to help promote Compassion Sunday.  You can choose a child to pray for and try and find a sponsor for and setup your own - My Story page.  This is the one that I created.

http://my.compassionsunday.com/bellefaith42

I chose Sayouba because I had been reading recently about how Burkina Faso is one of the poorest countries in the world and he is 14 like my daughter and our sponsored girl, Adriana. 


Then I found a way to link to his full profile

http://www.compassion.com/sponsor_a_child/child-video-biography.htm?needKey=BF3500155

And I discovered that there were 5 children in the family. And that his parents sometimes try to find work as farmers so that they can feed their family.  I found out that Sayouba is in primary school where he is struggling and is currently below average.  (this could be for many reasons - malnutrition, or having to help look after siblings etc.)

So until the sponsor that God has chosen for Sayouba comes along, I will be praying every day for this young man.  For whatever he is going through in his daily life today, I will be praying for his safety, for his health, for his family, for their home, and for his schoolwork.  I pray that he will know that His heavenly Father is with him and knows his name and loves him very much.